Teco Variable Drive Problem

C

Chris

Hi,
This is my first post, so apologize to start off with a question.

We normally use Danfoss drives to control our motors, but my manager has given me a TECO 7300 CV which I need to install to one of our Teflon conveyor belts in a Fryer.

I can get it to run fine by pressing the Run/Stop button inside the cabinet, which isn't too practical.

I want to remotely control if from the Start/Stop button on the control panel, via a relay. I've done this many times with other variable drives, but cannot work this one out.

Looking in the poorly written manual, it looks like I need to use terminals 24v and S1, then amend some functions. I have tried just about every combination I can think of, but cannot get it to start remotely! I have tried emailed Teco but have yet to get a reply.

This is the drive in questions
www.teco.co.uk/drivecv.htm

and the manual
www.teco.co.uk/docs/drives/cv/7300CV%20MANUAL.pdf

(although I cannot get that manual to open for some reason).

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks a lot
Chris

I have not worked with this particular one, but I've used a 2HP TECO on my bridgeport at home. I'd read through the entire manual with regards to the settings and make sure you have the correct parameters. I think you have to tell it to take its on/off from the inputs, and there is also a setting probably to tell it how to interpret those inputs (usually forward and reverse inputs). Make sure that you also have the wiring correct, some inputs have to be configured for source or sink operation, so if you are supplying 24V to an input that expects to be tied to ground to activate it, then nothing will happen.

KEJR

I think there is also a switch that you have to set to select NPN or PNP. You have to set that to correspond to the terminals you used to wire up the control signals.

C

curt wuollet

Many drives want you to set a parameter to use either the control panel or the remote terminals. I think this is the kind of issue you are facing.

Regards,
cww Itinerant Automation guy.