temperature control through pc

A

Amr mekawy

how to connect ADC0804 or equivalent to a pc parallel port, and to control it through a software (in c or c++ language).

i'm making a temp sensor project and i need a circuit diagram of the connection betweend ADC and DAC from parallel port to the sensor circuit.

as i want measure the temp and send the value to the pc and the software will decide on/off of a heater by signaling a relay.

i need help please and thanks in advance
amr

D
Hi there,
I'm making a similiar project. I am using the DS1620 temperature sensor and the ADC0809 (8 channel), but i think the ADC0804 is enough if you just have one source you want to convert. I really can't see any use for the DAC (is it to control some fan?)

As for the C/C++ code you can use the outportb and inportb functions declared in dos.h (if you are using a borland compiler).

The typical use of ADC0804 is very simple and i recommend you to use the free-running mode (if power consuption isn't a problem). Please consult the datasheet for further more info.

If you want i can give you the connection diagram as well as an example C code for the aquisition.

please email me at [email protected]

A
thank you very much diogo for yor help.

i think the DAC can be used to take the signal from the comuter parallel port and control a relay am i right?

the common available sensors in my market ae the LM35 and thermocouple which one should i use?

i heard that i can use a zener diode, can any model of zener work?

thanks in advance
amr

Hello Mr. Sousa...

myself tuklu... I am doing a project in Visual C++ of acquiring data two datas one temperature and the other is a pressure... and i want to acquire these two datas and display in my PC... you please help me by sending the circuit diagram and how to connect through the parallel port.

Thanking you very much.
waiting for your reply as soon as possible.
thank you.