Texas Instruments 5TI questions

R

Ramin_Feuoje

My plc contains three parts: I/O EXPANDER (MODEL: 5TI-5500), DATA LINK (MODEL: 5TI-3101), SEQENCER (MODEL: 5TI-1034-1).

Please answer these questions:

1) Can we connect the plc 5TI to computer by DATA LINK (model: 3101) directly?

2) for this connect, can we use of pc serial port (RS232)?

3) What software can we use to connect the pc to plc 5TI?

your faithfully
R. Feuoje
E-mail:[email protected]

Parijat software has an Active X component that will allow you to acquire data from, and write data to, older TI hardware (520,530 etc.) via the RS-232 programming port. The Active X component can be embedded within Visual Basic etc.

I cannot remember where Parijat siftware is located, but I do know they have a web site.

I also do not know if the component will work with 5TI, but I'm sure Parijat can answer that question ...

K
We have several applications where we send and receive data to TI-565's, using Quick Basic and "task codes". You should be able to contact siemens and get a copy of the task code manual. Manual info: Simatic TI575 Task Code User Manual Order Number: PPX:575-8104-1

Ken Moore

B

Bob Peterson

IIRC, none of the 565/530 stuff works with the 5TI. It was a totally different animal.

Bob Peterson

B
I was the engineering manager who developed the original 5TI plc. I would be interested in getting in touch with someone who is familiar with the 5TI as it developed over the years after I left Texas Instruments in 1978.

Bob Burkett
[email protected]

B

Bob Peterson

I worked on a number of 5TI systems in the mid 80s and a few since.

They really did not change a whole lot other than they went to shielded I/O cables at some point when it was discovered that a walkie talkie keyed nearby would cause the I/O to act randomly.

There were various CPUs along the way. never got beyond 4k of RAM though.

Did they have the VPU200 when you left? I think there was a VPU100 first but I never saw one.

i think it started out with some other I/O system, but I only used the 6MT series.

We have a customer still has a running system that uses a 5TI and another that has a PM550, or at least they did the last time I spoke with them a few years ago. I have worked on both of them.

--
Bob
http://ilbob.blogspot.com/