Textile length counter data acquisition through RS232

J

jorge

I need to acquire data from a textile lenght counter device (counter model CT4S-2P, made in Korea, see www.autonics.net). The problem is that such device has no RS232 output interfase, I only know the signals that the display uses, and probably have to built a propietary interface for the RS232 port, so that I can get the information through the PC serial port.
If you have a better idea or can me help to build an interface, let me know.
Thank you very much

C

calvin smith

I have a few questions
1) do you want the pulse count input to the pc?
2) do you want the preset pulse sent to the pc?
3)both?
4) what kind of input signal do you have going to the counter?
if you want to email me off list
[email protected]

It is better to go for ready made counter with serail interface.
Becuase all set value you can't set through s_port and you feel hadicaped for communicating even if you construct serial port.
And you can't get all the data with the display signals.like set value ,slippage factors etc.,
I suggest you to go for microcontroller based length counter with serial port interaface.It is easy to construct a new length counter.
I had around 7 year R&D experience in textile electronics.
If you want any help u can contact me to my mail id [email protected]

R

Ramasamy Muthuraman

You No need to go for customise application kits like micro processor or micro controller. First try to get the manual of the length counter and study the type of data they can transmit. Based on that you can write a C or C++ or Java program and you can extract and update into temporary database.

In olden days they use customize uP and uController.

I worked since from micro processor 8085 days to latest systems. I got around 17 years of experience, In which I had R&D experience in textile machineries & control equipments at Premier Polytronics Limited, coimbatore, india is 5.5 years and rest all in IT and semiconductor (National Semiconductor) equipment related automation experiences. Please feel free to send email to me, if you need more info.
Cheers,

Ramasamy Muthuraman, Singapore.