TI330-37 OR DL330 hand held programmer

O

Oriel

Does someone has the pinout from handheld connector programer for TI305 PLC with CPU 330-37 (same as DL330 from automation direct)? could I use a different brand RS232/RS485 converter to communicate with the PLC and a PC?

S
Get a D3-232-DCU from AutomationDirect. It screws on the front and creates a 232 port and you'll be able to talk to the PLC with DirectSoft or with the old TISOFT DOS if you have a copy.

Once you get the program, you might want to consider upgrading to a 350, which will give you a built-in serial port and better processor. If you already have a copy of the program, and just want to talk to the unit with RS232, you could also consider the 350 as an alternative.

What makes you think that the data link between the DL330 and the handheld programmer is serial (RS232/RS485)? Could be, but that's a whopper of an assumption.

Automation Direct sells an extension cable for $45 if you don't want to mount the DCU right on top of the processor. I put a very long link below for that. It kinda looks like a straight-through ribbon cable from the picture, but I can't discern the wire colors. Even so, how did you get the connectors with notches in the just right places to make your own cable?

Side note: the upgrade path from a 330 is a 340, not a 350. The 350 has a different instruction set than the 330/340.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc...dular_PLC)/Programming_SW_-a-_Cables/D3-HPCBL

S
> Side note: the upgrade path from a 330 is a 340, not a 350. The 350 has a
> different instruction set than the 330/340.

Yes, I know -- It's much better! Sort of making that leap forward into the twentieth century, so to speak. If he comes back in a couple years we'll tell him about MX and get him into the 21st (though that won't be a direct plug-in to the same rack).