ti505 programming via modem connection

E

Ercan Erdas

Hi List ,

I need help for accessing to ti505/545 plc via modem connection .If you have any experience ,let me know how can connect to ti505 plc via modem and is it necessary any program for it .
tisoft release is 4.2 and cpu type is ti505/545 .

Regard
Ercan Erdas

A

André Malenfant

Hi, Here is the little knowledge I have about TI505 modem communication. First, you have to configure the comm port speed with dip switches located on the CPU. 545-1106 CPU DIP SWITHES CONFIGURATION 1. 1=RS-422 2=RS485 (do not use) ON 2. 1=OI,0 2=PMTR (do not use) ON RS-232 #1 baudrate (communication) 300 1200 2400 9600 19200 38400 3. 0 0 1 1 1 0 4. 0 1 0 1 1 0 5. 0 0 0 0 1 1 RS-232 #2 baudrate (HMI, e.g.OP27) 300 1200 2400 9600 19200 38400 6. 0 0 1 1 1 0 7. 0 1 0 1 1 0 8. 0 0 0 0 1 1 9. 1 = battery on (battery backup) 10. spare Second, you need the programming software (I use Softshop 505 but TISOFT would probably have the same kind of procedure for connecting). For Softshop 505, you have to configure the communication in the menu "communications setup". Configure the serial port in "serial ports setup" by selecting the port used by the computer (e.g. COM 1). To use the modem, select "dial modem" and configure to the speed configured on the CPU dip switches, tone and force NITP(which is the TI comm protocol) and enter the number to dial. Once connected, you can either choose to work offline or "connect to PLC" when you open the specified .ftk file. To go online only, select "attach symbols and doc to plc". To download, select "transfer logic to PLC". And so on... Hope that it would help you... André Malenfant, P.Eng. Software designer Premier Tech Packaging

T

Tony R. Gunderman

I've never used it, but TISOFT (at least later versions of it) comes with an executable by the name of TIIDIAL.EXE that will help you with using TISOFT over a modem connection. Instructions can be found in the TISOFT manual. Tony R. Gunderman Arkansas Eastman Division Eastman Chemical Company

S

S.Leigh - Process Control Solutions ....

Hi Ercan,

I know this is a late reply but I can tell you how we used to do this a long time ago. Essentially, we used a program called vterm to
establish the link between modems (we used multitech modems)- and then went on line as normal. Hyperlink will work as well. Procedure was to dial the other modem - when the connection was established,type CNTRL+BREAK to kill vterm (or close hyperlink - the connection should stay live even if it says it won't). Then run tisoft and go on-line as though you were connected to the modem locally. Remeber to point the tisoft at the comport your modem is on (if it isn't on COM 1) - e.g.type "ti505 p2" to start tisoft if the modem is on port 2. It worked very well for us for many years. Set all your baud rates to 9600.
Regards,
S.