Time and Date update

D

Dave Newbury

I have a Magelis XBT F034110 HMI connected to a Modicon TSX57202 PLC (over a Unitelway link).

How do I set the PLC time and date clock from the HMI?

Can anyone help please.

Best regards,

Dave Newbury.

F

Fernando Capelari - Schneider Brasil

Dear friend,

It is very simple to do that. I will explain you in two parts:

1 - Synchronizing the XBT clock with the TSX clock:
Add the "Set Terminal Clock" function on the Dialogue Table of the XBTL1000 configuration software. You will see that the dialogue table reserve 4 words for that function. Do not forget to click on the BCD option of that screen (because the clock of the TSX PLC is stored in BCD format). On the PLC you have to copy the contents of the %SW 50, 51, 52 and 53 (which stores the clock) to the 4 %MW defined at the dialogue table. You can do that using the instruction RRTC. Example: RRTC(%MW107:4).

2 - Updating the TSX clock from the XBT HMI:
Add the "Set PLC Clock" function on the Dialogue Table of the XBTL1000 configuration software. You will see that the dialogue table reserve 4 words
for that function. Do not forget to click on the BCD option of that screen (because the clock of the TSX PLC is stored in BCD format). On the PLC you have to copy the contents of the 4 %MW defined at the dialogue table to the %SW 50, 51, 52 and 53 (which stores the clock). You can do that using the instruction WRTC. Example: WRTC(%MW100:4).

Tip: you can program the instruction RRTC at PL7 unconditionally. But you have to program the instruction WRTC with a condition to perform the update of the PLC clock.

That's all! If you need aditional help, do not hesitate to ask me
( "[email protected]", mailto:[email protected] ).

D

Dave Newbury

Dear Fernando,

Thank you very much. Your advice has been very useful.

A note to others: You need to select the PLC update item in the dialogue table before you are able to select BCD format. The selection defaults to the top item of the list. I was trying to update the time in hexadecimal, and could not
find how to select BCD.

Best regards,

Dave Newbury