Total Control Products (TCP) software

• Thread starter Jerry Robertson
  • Start date
J

Jerry Robertson

Hi,

I am working with an old application that runs on a TCP smartdisplay unit. I have the offline software (386sedit) and hardware key but lack the users manual. The program I am working with is DOS based and is really cryptic in operation so a manual would be a big help. I am sure there is a manual available somewhere but I have not found it yet. Anyone have a copy they are willing to share?

Thanks,
Jerry

I have TCP Smart Touch Offline Editor User Manual.Rev B 800-1000-004, Smart Touch user manual Rev F 800-1000-001, and a Smart Touch Training Course Rev B 800-1000-002. Used with TCP Smart Touch software HMI-BAK-001 and -002 Version 3.01b. Probably a couple of hundred sheets so making copies would be expensive. If you would like to borrow these items I do require a refunable money order and pay postage both ways! Sorry for this but I have "loaned" out books and software, that were never returned!

john

Hello Jerry,

So you are one of the lucky folks with a TCP Srun software package. I do not have a manual, but if you call Larry Kurtz at 708-345-5500 mention the fact that I (Joe Stasiek) asked you to call him and refer to the product as a PC based SmartScreen (Srun ia a good name) (not a smartdisplay - that is a text based device and Larry will send you to GE telephone hell) perhaps he still has a manual he can supply. If you can get your hands on a SmartScreen manual that has all the info you need to draw screens, set up key files and create action files. The details of some set up run time parameters are tricky in the Srun. I for some reason remember port 1 is really port 2 for comm purposes or vice versa.

If you need to contact me use [email protected]

Good Luck

Joe S.

John,

Thank you for the offer. I don't think that these are the same as what I have though. Are yours for a DOS based program?

The SmartTouch line is a touch screen display and is different than what I have, I think. Mine is called a 'Smart Screen PC Offline Editor, Ver 2.26 Copyright 1991'.

This is a menu driven editor and it works with .key, .fil, and .act type files. Do you think that what you have will work with this?

Thanks,
Jerry

B

Bob Peterson

TCP was bought by GE-Fanuc. I suspect you might be able to get a manual through them.

Bob Peterson

I am in desperate and immediate need of the 386edit software (sorry, no manual). I have the key, but no software. Lost the software. Is there any way you could zip the offline editor software and email it to me? [email protected]

Thanks,
Eric

We have the manual for the smart touch touch screen - p/n= 800-1000-001 used in conjuntion with touchview libraries v1.32 and hmi-bak-001-j v3.01B off line editor If this is what you need I could fax the manual over to you.
let me know.

Russell

J

Joe Jansen/TECH/HQ/KEMET/US

TCP was owned by TCP. Total Control Products. The entire company was purchased by GE.

--Joe Jansen
ICQ# 39 182 450

Call 1-800-GEFANUC. They are still offering both the manual (ISS-MAN-001-G) and the editor SW (IPC-EDT-001-J). Getting a "copy" of the SW will only let you view, not edit and save. To do that, you will need a hardware key (comes with the SW when you buy it).

C

Claudio J Molina

I'm trying to find information about a Smart Touch model HMI70100A2P. I'm looking for manuals, PC connecting cable,everything you have memory card.

Claudio J Molina
[email protected]

Hello,

If you are working with the Touchview I might have the book you need. It's Dos version for off line drawing on Cincinnati touch screen. Email me back and I will send it to you.

Happy new year
Casey
[email protected]