Tracking in Process Control

S

sonicjoe_xx

Hi,

I am using ABB Bailey system. I didn't quite understand the meanings of all the tracking modes. Can anybody explain to me.

1)setpoint tracking (SPTK)
2)manual tracking (MNLK)
3)Control output tracking (COTK)

Thanks

Hi,

setpoint tracking is enabling a bumpless transfer when the controller is switched from Manual to Automatic mode

for example when the controller is in manual mode and when you enter an X value to output and driven the process value to Y. And before switching to Manual mode was Z and when you again puts the loop in automatic mode, if the setpoint is Y , the loop will try to maintain that and there are chances that process may experience bump in doing that. So to avoid this the setpoint is made to follow Process value Y so when the loop is again put to Auto SP=PV=Y. so no change in output.

I assume that your referring to Function Code 80.

The SPTK (Set Point Track) function forces the Set Point output, blk# + 1, to track either Spec 1 (PV) or Spec 2 (SP). When Spec 29 is "1" the Set Point output will track Spec 2. When Spec 30 is "1" the Set Point output will track Spec 1. Spec 29 will over ride Spec 30.

The MNLK function forces the Station Block to the Manual mode when a logic "1" is present at Spec 18.

The COTK function forces the output of the station to track the value present at Spec 4 when a logic "1" is present at Spec 5.

Glenn