Trouble moving 4 deck cargo lift

J

Jurgen K

4 deck lift. Using a Micrologix 1200, 24I, 16O unit. Programme set up to compare desired deck (Floor) with current location (by means of level proximity sensors). functions are LES and GRT. Rung goes 'true' but the actual output markers B3:0/x do not come on...

I use the same destinations for all 4 decks (N7:0 and N7:1) to store desired floor and current position. Therefore, deck 1 stores a 1, deck 2 a 2 etc. the LES and GRT functions then decide whether to move the lift up or down. (Slowing and stopping is done via the proximeter sensors - this works fine)

Is there a limit to using output markers (more than once), ie. B3:0/2 is used on every floor to run UP motion?

Is there a limit to how often one can use the comparative blocks LES and GRT with the same comparison (N7:1 and N7:2)?

Basically the programme is duplicated for each floor. (except the input conditions of course) Verification is fine, no error messages, download is fine, inputs are fine but those outputs do not come on (physically and when i go online).

The movement is does allow is: It can move from any level (down) to deck 4 (bottom deck). But not up, not down to any other deck.

Do you have any ideas or a solution to my problem?

IF you are solving all logic every scan, reusing a bit will update its status multiple times and what you will see on the programming terminal is most often the last time it is solved in a scan. My typical program design does not solve a bit (i.e., an OTE instruction) in multiple places with some rare exceptions.

By doing this the logic often is easier to troubleshoot and your staff may be able to figure out issues without your involvement.

Other causes of a situation like this could include: mapping the value in your Integer word from other logic (mis-typed) and writing an OTE, OTL or OTU instruction to an integer bit. There are other things that are less likely but might be a cause.

If the program is not so proprietary that you can not send it out for review, I can take a quick look over it. E-mail to: r.kinner (at) ieee (dot) org.

Regards,
Russ

4 deck lift. Using a Micrologix 1200, 24I, 16O unit. Programme set up to compare desired deck (Floor) with current location (by means of level proximity sensors). functions are LES and GRT. Rung goes 'true' but the actual output markers B3:0/x do not come on... I use the same destinations for all 4 decks (N7:0 and N7:1) to store desired floor and current position. Therefore, deck 1 stores a 1, deck 2 a 2 etc. the LES and GRT functions then decide whether to move the lift up or down. (Slowing and stopping is done via the proximeter sensors - this works fine)

Is there a limit to using output markers (more than once), ie. B3:0/2 is used on every floor to run UP motion?

Is there a limit to how often one can use the comparative blocks LES and GRT with the same comparison (N7:1 and N7:2)?

Basically the programme is duplicated for each floor. (except the input conditions of course) Verification is fine, no error messages, download is fine, inputs are fine but those outputs do not come on (physically and when i go online). Pcking and moving companies near me gjmoving.com.
The movement is does allow is: It can move from any level (down) to deck 4 (bottom deck). But not up, not down to any other deck.

Do you have any ideas or a solution to my problem?
how did you solve the problem?