Trying to connect TSX Micro to Momentum by Modbus Plus

S

Skinner

I'd like to connect 2 TSX 3722 to a 171ccc98030-IEC Momentum processor by Modbus Plus. I have the PCMCIA cards for the TSX Micros, and the momentum has its comm adapter. In the Momentum program I put the digital outputs together and transmit them as global data. In the Micro program, I'm trying to read them with the READ_GDATA command. Even when by using the WRITE_GDATA command I can read the inputs in the Micro from the Momentum, I still can't read from the Micro the registers that will contain what will be the Micro outputs. I'm wondering how exactly the commands READ_GDATA and WRITE_GDATA work, because in the ladder I have them both constantly connected so I don't know if the WRITE command could be "blocking" the READ command. Does anyone know exactly how to build the adresses in the Micro? (for example ADR#0.1.1). I find the help in PL7 Pro, and even the manuals for TSX Micro quite complicated and uncomplete. Is it me, or did Schneider never put too much interest in teaching how to use their products?

Thanks a lot if anyone can help me, I'm waiting. I'm new here but I can help in many issues of automation.

I think the format of your operate block is wrong. I would suggest the address of the PCMCIA card should be adr#0.1.sys, such as

READ_GDATA(ADR#0.1.SYS,%MW0:1,%MW100:4)

also the operation for read and / or write needs to be conditional. The READ_GDATA, or WRITE_GDATA should be conditional. Normally trigger off an edge contact (+ve, or -ve) -|p|- or -|n|-

. you should also use a normally closed contact relating to the coms activity bit in series with the trigger contact to drive the operate block.
That is in my example %MW100:x0, bit 0 of the first register of the communications management parameters.

You really need to refer to the .pdf manuals supplied with PL7. The Application Specific communcations manuals (3 volumes) Vol.1 general including communications parameters, and vol.2 MB+.

Hope this helps.

You are right in all you say, including our need to refer to the manuals. We don´t have much of an experience and don´t know too many people involved in this matter, but we listened to you and read an read an read...

So we found the solution, anyway almost everything is try and try and try.
We´ve solved the problem we had, we´ve got new troubles, and we are experiencing to solve them.

Thanx very much for your help, and Good Luck