TSX 4730 UPGRADING

C

Chin Boon Poh

Hallo,
I'm working on TSX4730 PLC, and would like to upgrade the system to generate a hardcopy printout by retrived some of the internal data. Please advise how should i connect the printer to the PLC (e.g. make used of the serial port from the CPU or get additional commmunication card.) and how is the software programming like in order to dump the neccesary data into the report as below:-

Date: dd/mm/yyyy
Time: hh/mm/ss
Hopper Preset (kg) Actual (Kg) Variance (kg)
---------------------------------------------
A 1000 1005 -5
B 1200 1210 -10
C 1500 1503 -3
End of report

Your reply are much appreciated.
Thanks & regards.
Chin BP
Tel: 607-663 4693
Fax:607-663 4804
Email: [email protected]

I believe from my limited knowledge of this PLC that your best bet is a rack-mounted serial communications module. perhaps the TSXSCP6112 or an equivalent. I have some manuals on the TSX47 PLCs, I doubt you can even get the manuals anymore, those PLCs are obsolete by a few years. I would check with your local Modicon/Telemecanique office or distributor. Perhaps they can give you more info.

CK

V

Vincent Chapotat

You can use the CPU serial port. This port is current loop 20mA (you need a RS232/BC20ma conveter for the printer.After you configure the port in ASCII protocol. The TSX hardware comute beetween the 'réglage' protocol (for the programming PC) to the ASCII protocol with a shunt in the DB9. For your report, you send ASCII caracters to the printer with a 'Bloc texte' TXT instruction. If you have a free slot in start of the rack (just slot 0 to 3), you can add a comminucation card like TSX SCM20xx (where xx is the serial type). The program is the same with the SCM card, but the CPU port is free and you can use the online mode for your test.

V

Vincent Chapotat

You can use the CPU serial port. This port is current loop 20mA (you need a RS232/BC20ma conveter for the printer.After you configure the port in ASCII protocol. The TSX hardware comute beetween the 'reglage' protocol (for the programming PC) to the ASCII protocol with a shunt in the DB9. For your report, you send ASCII caracters to the printer with a 'Bloc
texte' TXT instruction. If you have a free slot in start of the rack (just slot 0 to 3), you can add a comminucation card like TSX SCM20xx (where xx is the serial type). The program is the same with the SCM card, but the CPU port is free and you can use the online mode for your test.