TSX Micro37-22 and Modbus RTU communication

S

Server Somunkiran

I have a TSX Micro 37-22 PLC and I'm trying the Modbus RTU communication over TER (Terminal Port) with TSXPCX1031 cable.

I'm using PL7 software to configure TSX Micro PLC but there is no option for Modbus. There are only Unitelway and Control Link options in PL7 Combobox of Channel-0 but Modbus never exists. Could it be a problem of the software or hardware version of TSX Micro PLC, or PL7 version problem?

Secondly, how can I convert standart TSX PLC addressing in to Modbus addressing such as 4xxxx. For example, what is %I1.0 means in Modbus, 10001(?), 40001(?)

There is no documentation about this converting formula of TSX in Schneider's website.

If you know the answers please do not hesitate to contact me directly. ( [email protected] )

You may have a S.V<4.0, so you have to upgrade your TSX MICRO (it's possible if your MICRO is >3.0 i think) with the operating system include in PL7 MICRO/JUNIOR/PRO >4.0. So you will find; in the comboBox Channel 0, the Modbus communication. You must use the TSXPACC01 Adapter to connect to Modbus.

I've got a TSX37-22 (configured as v5.0 in PL7) and using PL7 4.2 I am able to set Channel 0 to Modbus/Jbus. Perhaps you've got an older version of the PLC selected or an older software version.

As for the address mapping, I did work with that once on a Magelis on Modbus Plus. This is from the Premium Communication Manual Volume 2 (v4.3) available on Modicon's website.

When Premium initiates a request and a Quantum responds, the following mapping is in effect:

0x = %M
1x = %I
3x = %IW
4x = %MW

Hope this helps.

CK

A

Armando Abraham

Hi,
To talk modbus-rtu using via-0, you need to use a PLC with a firmware version greater or equal than V3.3. If you firmware is less than this, you must update the firmware using OS Loader aplication (including in PL7 package). The .bin file is available at www.modicon.com
If your firmware version is OK, please check that you have configured correctry your PL7Pro aplication, because when you select the processor type, you have many TSX 3722 proccesors in the list, but with diferents firmware version.
I hope that this helps you.

Armando Abraham

As written in the previous responses the availability of modbus protocol on the terminal port of the TSX 37 Micro depends on the firmware version and the PL7 associated version. With TSX micro firmware >=V5.0 and PL7 >=V3.2, the terminal port offers MODBUS RTU slave and master. Configuration screens can be reached by clicking on the terminal port in hardware configuration with PL7.
About the MODBUS requests. The TSX37 modbus server gives only acces to %M and %MW objects by using the following MODBUS requests:

16#01 Read several %M
16#02 Read several %M
16#03 read several %MW
16#04 read several %MW
16#05 write one %M
16#06 write one %MW
16#0F write several %M
16#10 write several %MW

The coding of the object address requires only its number. ex "n" for %MWn".

M
Dear All,
I have communicated Modicon Premium plc 572623 over modbus. the way i have done it is by

1. mapping all the inputs i.e. %I1.1 etc. to a memory bit/register/word i.e %M100/%mW100 or any such memory bit/register.
2. now if u have mapped it to %M100 then the corresponding modbus address is (000101) for Quantum PLC i.e an offset of +1. if u have mapped it to %mW100 then u may read the register on (400101).
3. And so on u may map all the data required for SCADA or InterPLC communication.

regards,
Mayank Shah
India