TSX17. What solution should I looking for?

P

P.Petre

Hi everybody,

I have to find a solution for the next problem.

An old telemecanique plc TSX17 is no longer functioning.
The type of PLC is:
TSX17, 23428
First memory module:
PL7-2 TSX17-20
TSX P1720FA v 1.5
Second memory module:
24k TSX MC70 E524

I received no documentation, just a small cabinet with this PLC inside.

I have checked the memory modules on another identical PLC and seems to be OK, so in one of these two memories I have the PLC program.

I have absolutely no experience with telemecanique but I have a good one with Siemens PLC.

I am now thinking what should I do next:

Step1:
If PL7-2 is the software for programing the TSX17, then find it and upload the program.

Step2:
Decide what to choose:
- Take the Telemecanique direction if it easy to transfer the program to a new telemecanique PLC.
- Take the Siemens direction if I have to reprogram the PLC program.

Please share from your experience to help me solve my problem.

Thank you,
P. Petre

L

Laurent LOPES

Hello,

The newest generation like TSX17 plc is a TSX nano.
The software is PL707, but I'm not sure you can update the TSX17 program.

The other solution is to use a TSX micro plc programmed by pl7 junior or pl7 pro. With this software you can import a PL7-2 application.

regards

If you can get PL7-2 and upload a valid program from the TSX17, you can directly import it into PL7 for the new TSX Micro PLC. Just have to do a quick amount of IO mapping to cross the addresses and it will go right into a TSX Micro (also know as TSX37). Programming cable will be hard to come by too... it's like $700 from a distribtor if they still have them.

Otherwise, the TSX17 programmed in ladder and Grafcet (flowcart) so converting it could be messy if you've got to cross the flowchart. But not all TSX17 programs made use of the flochart processing.

Dear Petre,

the old Telemecanique solution is really legacy. Try to make contact with your local Schneider representative. He will offer you solutions, I`m sure. Depends on your project (number of I/Os, communication method) he will offer you the Twido familiy or Micro/Premium from Telemecanique. If your application is not so big, you can move to Modicon, specially to Momentum line. Solution is based on your existing config only.

Good luck.

Thank you everybody,

After your answers and some more research I have reach the conclusion that I will not switch to Siemens PLC. Just this day I have contacted the Schneider representative. I am now waiting for their answer. As soon as they will do I will post here which solution we will take.

( My sistem has also two expansion modules: 1xDSF635 and 1xDSF612).

Best Regards,
P. Petre.