TSXPCX1031cable for RS485 connection to port1 of twido

A

Anonymous

I need to communicate a Twido PLC with a PC using modbus. I was thinking on a RS485 serial communication.

1) if the PC does not have an RS485 port. Can I use the programming cable TSXPCX1031 as RS232=>RS485 converter?

2) Twido documentation says that pin 5 must be connected to com, pin 7. The programming cable TSXPCX1031 has a mini-din connector, can it be used to convert RS232 to RS485,

> 1) if the PC does not have an RS485 port. Can I
> use the programming cable TSXPCX1031 as
> RS232=>RS485 converter? <

Yes.

> 2) Twido documentation says that pin 5 must be
> connected to com, pin 7. The programming cable
> TSXPCX1031 has a mini-din connector, can it be
> used to convert RS232 to RS485, >

You must use switch setting 3
"Other direct"

Hi,

If you want use the cable for modbus communication the pin 5 and 7 must be connected, for programing the pins must be disconnected. The pin connection is realized by the switch Ter direct/Other direct.

Regards
Andrzej
www.modbus.pl

The TSXPCX1031 cable is the specified serial programming lead for the Twido PLC. You must turn the switch on the cable to position 2 for programming. The Twido uses Modbus as it's native communications protocol. You may have to use Twidosoft to configure Port 1 with the appropriate settings (Modbus, addr 1, 9600,8,E,1) if you are using a different adapter to access the Twido.

Yes it is possible. You have to select position 3 in PCX1031. Programming is using position 2. Ofcourse port parameter have to set correctly. By default it is remotelink.

Answer to 1) Yes, You can, and You must try with the cable selector converter (position 0,1,2,3)

Answer to 2) I think so, because the documentation refers to the port TER of twido.

N

Nebojsa Lazarevic

Yes, it works, but I have another MODBUS problem.
When I try to read 40001 adress throw modbus serial driver (iFix MB1 driver, Modbus tester from www.modbus.pl, or somthing else) ALWAYS GET RESPOND LIKE ILLEGAL DATA ADDRESS. Where is problem? In Twido modbus implementation or?

I just want to connect Twido to Scada.

Nebojsa Lazarevic, Scada & Automation eng.,
Umbra Software
[email protected]

Hi, i am looking for the pinout of tsxpcx1031, in order to make a communication system between the Twido and a PC across G.703, please help me if you can.

I have connected a Twido to a SCADA.

This is how I did it:
When you program the Twido, you will notice that there is a program running in your notification bar. This program acts as a Modbus Ethernet to Modbus RTU gateway.

So, from the SCADA you can scan to this gateway using modbus Ethernet.

Whats nice about this is you can program and scan to the Twido AT THE SAME time through the cable.

I can't remember on what port you should connect locally (ethernet) though... just use the same port the programming softwre is using. (You can use a port monitor to figure out what port it is using.)