Turbine Ge frame 5 can't end startup sequence

Good to read, if original poster write few words how it was resolved, it will benefit the forum, thanks.

There is a good in every event,
G. Rajesh

LOTS of questions as I more closely look at the displays....

This snippet is from the Exh Temp display (note the signal names, values and engineering units for each signal):

1618919465580.png

This snippet is from the Main (Start-up) Displays (a little more proper):

1618919417600.png

Just frightening.... the state of information on the displays--and how long they have been used like this.

I have a question: What is TNRPI?

But, I suspect the unit is now running and the problem is considered to be solved and we'll not heat any more from the original poster.

ControlsGuy25,

No; fuel control is for LP--because the LP drives the load (the centrifugal compressor). Nozzle control is for HP. The HP is the hot gas generator for the LP (personally I think of it as the "secondary" shaft and control once the LP is in it's operating speed range). There is some interaction in that when fuel is increased HP shaft speed will also increase slightly at the same time as LP shaft speed, but the load is driven by the LP shaft and the nozzle control will throttle back on the HP shaft speed to send more energy to the LP shaft. It's slightly counter-intuitive, but if you think it through it becomes clear. It's a big balancing act to keep the HP running in it's optimum speed range while producing power with the LP at the same time.

I don't recall at what speed for a two-shaft machine the IGVs will begin to open, but on a single shaft machine I think it's around 78-82% HP shaft speed, and they are ramped open. I just don't recall when that starts on two-shaft machines.

I suspect the original poster was forced to remove the screenshots, probably because they contained the site name. And, he hasn't written back since the screenshot files were deleted. So, I don't think we're going to get much more from the original poster--unfortunately.

I also suspect the problem has been found and resolved. And, we may also never know what it was.

Them's the breaks in this business.
CSA,

Thank you for these clarifications, I am not familiar with frame 5 dual shaft units.. Controls....

You are right about engineering units...
I don't know how someone can operate such unit with these HMI displaying... FUNNY ISN'T IT...in the same time its just frightening yes I agree... Not professional..

James