Twido and Modbus TCP

A

ADE

We are looking at using the Twido Compact 16 Pt modules that come standard with 1 serial port. I would like to set up an RS-485 multi-drop connected to a Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU bridge (Lantronix type). Has anyone tested a similar configuration? We would like to be able to have a SCADA solution like Wonderware be interfacing Modbus TCP to the PLCs and be able to simultaneously access a PLC on the multi-drop using TwidoSoft. Also, what's the deal with the mini-Din connector? Do they make a mini-Din to terminal adapter or something that will make an electrician's job easier when setting up the 2-wire RS-485 multi-drop? I understand that if you get the 2nd option port they have an adapter that has screw down terminals on it.

Thank you in advance for any help!

H

Henrik Vindt

I will recommend you to use either the Twido compact controller TWDLCAE40DRF. it comes with the Modbus TCP/IP interface onboard or use the TWIDO Modbus to TCP/IP interface 499TWDO1100 (this includes cable between the gateway and the Twido controller).

regards,
Henrik

J

jeff mitchell

Hello. did you ever get the Scada to interface with the twido? we have been happy with the twido controller, but now we need to find a scada software that will work with twido. Your question was posted in March and I was wondering what solution you settled on.

Jeff

D

Daniel Spiteri

jeff.

i am also having trouble trying to interface a twido TWDLCAE40DRF to a scada system. This model has the in-built network connection. For some reason i cannot get the correct setting on the tags on our Scada system (citect ver6). For example Input 1 on the PLC is named %i0.1 inside the plc, but then i put that value in to citect, i keep getting errors. Have you had any luck doing this???

Dan