Unitelway protocole

P

pat

hello, I'm french student in B.T.S and I have to command an automate TSX 37 PREMIUM by rs232 by unitelway protocole. can you give me explication of Unitelway frame.
thank you very much and excuse me for my poor english

The unitelway protocol specification can be downloaded from our website at www.modicon.com. By the way, the TSX37 PLC support only RS485 link on the integrated port. Rs232 is supported by way of the pcmica card TSXSCP111

G

Gijsbert-Jan Welp

Hello

You tell us that you need to command a TSX37. What do you mean by that? Do you have to put it into run and stop. Or do you just want to read and write some data in this PLC.
Uni-Telway is a specific way in which Telemecanique PLC's communicate with each other and with programming languages. So it is not easy
to write you own software for this. But is this what you wan to do? Because although the other answer indicates to check the Modicon website, which is always a good idea when using Schneider PLC's, and several documents concerning Uni-telway can be found I think you will still find it hard to write your own programs for it.

We have had, yes I work for Schneider, special libraries for sale for those who wanted to communicate with this PLC's and don't use our products to do so. So if this this helps you I don't think so.

So perhaps it is posible for you to describe better what you need or want to do with this PLC. But if you want to
- program it : get the software
- start/stop it : Who want to stop a running PLC?
- read/write data : Official answer use an OFS but other answer consider Modbus protocol run over e.g. the mentioned TSXSCP111 RS232 commucation card. The Modbus protocol reference manual can also be found on the Modicon website and describes all.

Hope this helps.

Don't worry about your english. Let all of them try to talk french? At least you try! ;-)

Oh by the way a TSX37 is a PLC called Micro. The Premium is the TSX57 range.

Regards,

Gijsbert-Jan Welp
Technical Support Automation
Schneider Electric Netherlands

Maybe too late for you, but I wrote a unitelway driver in Delphi. With this driver I can read and write words end run/stop the plc. It works with a RS232/RS485 cable (TSXPCU1030 or TSXPCX103#) and with TCP/IP by means of a factorycast webserver.

If you still need some information you can ask for it.

Regards,

S. Olinga
The Netherlands

I would like to make driver under QNX Neutrino, so I need specification of that protocol. I'm Phd's student. If you interested in it, please send me your driver. Whith kind regards
Marcin Mrozek

H

Hassan M. Rashad

Hi,

I am interested in Mr. Olinga's reply.

I have the same problem regarding Uni-TE. I have a single PLC connected to a computer. I want to program the computer by VB to set some flags in the PLC. As a start, I'll be happpy if you can send me the ASCII codes of the polling message that the PLC sends to the computer and the expected reply as a complete Xway message (Header,NPDU,...,END).
By the way , is there a CRC used in the coding?

My email is
[email protected]

Thanks in advance

B

Bruno Vannier (France)

Consulting control.com, I saw that you developed a Unitelway driver in Delphi. It is exactly what I want to write, for a simulation process program.
Did you develop it for Win98 or NT?
Could you send me your code?

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Bruno Vannier (France)
[email protected]

I must write a unitelway driver for microcontroler in C so I interested in description of unitelway protocol. If You could give me some information, I'm be very grateful to You.
Regards,

Arkadiusz Bronder
Poland
e-mail: [email protected]