Unitelway to Modbus Protocol Converter

M

Mark Mullins

We use PlantScape SCADA and would like to connect to Telemecanique TSX7 PLC's. Does anyone know of protocol converters from Unitelway to Modbus?

S
> We use PlantScape SCADA and would like to connect to Telemecanique TSX7 PLC's. Does anyone know of protocol converters from Unitelway to Modbus?

I am attempting to accomplish this right now using a TSX Micro. I have a Unitelway comm card in the micro and I am using the terminal port on the Micro for Modbus connection to a Quantum(using Concept XXMIT function block to communicate). Also note - TSX Micro terminal port is RS485, and Quantum port is RS232, so you have to make a conversion(using Modicon cable for this, can provide part number if needed)

P

Patrik Gillsvik

The "new" PLC systems in the Schneider Electric family can both be configured for Uni-Telway and for Modbus, so basically you can use this as a converter, there are however some problems.We have discovered that the Uni-Telway protocol is not completely compatible with TSX7.

I have not been able to make this work. Instead we used the Brodersen System2000 as the plant network. This enables us to connect basically any PLC to the same network. Modules for both Modbus and Uni-Telway are available.

V

Vincent Chapotat

You don't need to convert protocol. You can use the Unitelway dde server (Schneider Electric) with Plantscape dde client. The TSX7 is unitelway master and your computer is slave with 3 adress (1,2 and 3 for the PL7-Pro programming software and 4, 5, and 7 for plantscape). You can use the Aux plug on the TSX with a RS232 / RS485 converter, so you don't need a SCP card.