UPGRADATION OF CENTUM CS TO CS-3000 FOR YOKOGAWA DCS

M

Mihir Ramkrishna

Has anybody worked on CENTUM CS and Cs-3000 for YOKOGAWA DCS both? I need valuable feedback about the relative advantages and disadvantages of both the systems...Can any one suggest a site where I can find a comparative account of both these systems... Or has anyone carried out technical evaluation of both these systems... please help

R

rajneesh jha

We have a earlier model of centum-cs ie centum-XL we have upgrades our system to CS-3000. Later is a win-2000 base dsystem with open architecture so it can be connected with OPC (ie data can be taken on ethernet and can also be taken via internet). with this the process parameters can be monitored from anywhere and anytime. it works on simple PC so no need of YBL's propritery monitors and keyboardds and harddisks etc. it uses a bus convertor to convert HF bus to VLnet bus.

all monitoring and control fuctions can be executed from cs-3000.

for more details contact me.

I have experience with the CS3000, we have operational at our plant. There are many advantages and lots of functionality. There are some disadvantages, but are not show stoppers.

We are upgrading to the CS-3000 this summer from a Yokogawa Micro-XL system. What are the disadvantages you have noticed with the CS-3000? Yokogawa and our contractor haven't really discussed those with us.