Upgrade Plc & Software.

A

amir qadri

currently we are using PLC 984-785,using modsoft dos based software for ladder logic programming. now we want to change it with windows based concept software for ladder logic programming. if possible how change old ladder logic into new logic (2000 rungs). and possible loading this into old PLC.

amiraliqadri [at] yahoo.com

K
is it not possible, to program a "old" 785 PLC with Concept. Concept supports only Quantum, Premium, Atrium PLCs, perhaps the software ProWORX32 can help you, look at the Schneider website.

plc model PC-E984-785, can i upgrade this hardware for concept or change only PLC with out disturbing I/o racks, S908, and S911 for concept software?

If you want to continue using a legacy processor like the 785E, then the only solution is to upgrade your software to ProWorx32. If you are willing to upgrade the hardware, then consider moving directly to Unity and using a new Quantum processor. This will enable you to take advantage of new Windows operating systems and the features and benefits of IEC programming. Schneider service has programs to maintain all of your existing wiring and migrate the program. Quantum processors with Unity support 800 series I/O drops and modules. Schneider will soon provide inclusion of existing 984LL programming logic into Unity without translation into an IEC language. The logic looks and remains as it it were 984LL. Same functions, same solution of solving logic, etc. This will allow users such as your self to move to current technology without having to abandon and rework proven programming logic. Once the new configuration is in place, you can easily use IEC languages to enhance and improve the process. Retain the loop wiring, retain the majority of the I/O modules, and retain the programming logic.