Upgrading to FactoryLink 7.0

• Thread starter Haytham Abu-Hantash
  • Start date
H

Haytham Abu-Hantash

We are upgrading from FactoryLink 6.6 to 7.0. I was wondering if anyone is in the process of doing the same thing so we can share ideas..

Haytham Abu-Hanash
CH2M Hill

F

Frik Olivier

Hi!

We're in the progress of upgrading several FL7 from 6.6 systems.

We're also in the progress of starting new projects with FL7.

Must say it's impressive. What ideas had you in mind?

Thanx!

Frik Olivier

R

Ranjan Acharya

I am interested in what people have to say about FLink 7.0. We have done a lot with FLink under OS/2, Unix and Windows but have gone no higher than 6.6.0.

Hopefully the new animation editor is much more powerful than FLink 6.5.0 / 6.6.0.

Hopefully PowerVB has improved too (the list of wants goes on an on) -- it would be nice if the need for IML completely disappears (so that you can run PowerVB independent of screens being loaded from the Shared environment), has 7.0 actually done that?

Firstly, Is FLink 7.0 stable? It seems a little bit new to me to be deploying in the field, perhaps it was extensively tested and this is not an issue.

Are USData going to adopt a Service Pack approach to their patches instead of the arcane system they employ now (that is, look at the list of patches one by one and guess which ones you need)?

Are they going to make the patches easy to get to on their web site (no CSS required)? Their web site (last time I went to it) was haphazardly
organised, required a CSS to access anything meaningful (why?) and did not have patches for 6.5.0 (it may have changed lately). The old USData web site from a few years ago was cheesy with the way it used frames, but at least the information was available.

Lastly, is FLink 7.0 going to increase USData's market share for SCADA systems?

RJ

Hopefully the new animation editor is much more powerful than FLink 6.5.0 / 6.6.0.

Hopefully PowerVB has improved too (the list of wants goes on an on) -- it would be nice if the need for IML completely disappears (so that you can run PowerVB independent of screens being loaded from the Shared environment), has 7.0 actually done that?

Firstly, Is FLink 7.0 stable? It seems a little bit new to me to be deploying in the field, perhaps it was extensively tested and this is not an issue.

Are USData going to adopt a Service Pack approach to their patches instead of the arcane system they employ now (that is, look at the list of patches one by one and guess which ones you need)?

Are they going to make the patches easy to get to on their web site (no CSS required)? Their web site (last time I went to it) was haphazardly organised, required a CSS to access anything meaningful (why?) and did not have patches for 6.5.0 (it may have changed lately). The old USData web site from a few years ago was cheesy with the way it used frames, but at least the information was available.

Lastly, is FLink 7.0 going to increase USData's market share for SCADA systems?

RJ