USB to Serial Connection and Unitelway

D

David Gulick

2 Days ago, I was able to use the TSXPCX1030 Unitelway Cable with my USB to serial converter. Yesterday, I could not get it to work to save my life. What should I be looking for?

I am buying the USB version 3030 cable, but I am curious why I could not use it yesterday.

David Gulick
DRG Automation Services
[email protected]

G

Gijsbert-Jan Welp

Hello David,

First check if the cable is recognized on your PC. Use the hardware manager for that. Secondly check you PLC hardware is in order. Make sure all covers and/or memory card holders are in place. If you have an extendable Premium rack make sure the end of line terminators are in place.
In the Uni-Telway driver configuration check if the USB cable is selected.

Hope this helps?

Gijsbert-Jan Welp
Technical Support Automation
Schneider Electric

For more information visit our website: http://www.telemecanique.com

It is configured in device manager as com3. I go into the Unitelway Driver mananger and can connect (I think to the PLC) and the manager shows a connection. What I get when I start the test is a message box that says 'no remote ack do you wantt to stay connected'. I also see on the requests indication no change. The PLC does not seem to respond I also get the unable to make a physical link from PL7 software.

Now this is using the Iogear Serial to USB converter and the TSX Serial cable. I am supposed to choose USB in the Driver Manager for this?

Mind you, this cable works fine(with alot of intermetten comm failures) on a PIII with a serial port.

What kind of setup do I need for the Megellan Displays?