Using Fuzzy Logic controller to control dc servo motor through a microcontroller

T

t_yoong82

I will like to need some help here, can anyone tell me the ways to control a dc servo motor using Fuzzy Logic Controller through a microcontroller?? furthermore, the appropriate formulas to calculate the gains of the system.

thanks

M

Moleirinho Antonio

Using a fuzzy logic control it's a lot easier than use a normal controller like PD, PI or PID, because you can use linguistic statements!! It's simple to build, for example using Matlab tools designed for it like Fuzzy Toolbox!!

J

Johan Bengtsson

That is true - if you know the linguistic statements before you begin. But to properly tune a controller, using the proper tools, if that part is not known then I still think the PID controller will be tuned better with less time.

That is if you know both methods, if you only know fuzzy and don't have a clue (or just vaguely) about PID then the job would probably be done faster with fuzzy.

I was at a course sone years ago teaching fuzzy logic, we used an example there and I wold have done a good PID tuning of that one a *lot* faster with some PID controllers than with fuzzy - and got a better control as result. Fuzzy logic have one huge strength PID controllers have a hard time beating, and that is for more complicated controls where you have a lot of inputs controlled by a lot of ouputs in a complex manner but where you can put
words to this complexity.

A DC servo motor is not complex enough for that.

/Johan Bengtsson

Do you need education in the area of automation?
> ----------------------------------------
> P&L, Innovation in training
> Box 252, S-281 23 Hässleholm SWEDEN
> Tel: +46 451 74 44 00, Fax: +46 451 898 33
> E-mail: [email protected]
> Internet: http://www.pol.se/
> ----------------------------------------

What are the better ways to control the servo motor without using the PID controller?
By the way does anyone has the mathematical model of a servo motor motion control and the whole servo motor system?