Using Palm OS with Allen Bradley

E

Ed Gibson

I am curious if there is an application that would allow me to view the ladder logic in a PLC with my Palm Tungsten. I have located one that allows for text editing. Unfortunately their website/message board has seen no updates/activity since 2001.
We have several AB PLC-5s and most of the time the only reason that we would look into the ladder is to speed up troubleshooting. I always have my Palm with me and it would be more convieniant than having to dig out the laptop and drag it into the plant (coal fired boiler).
Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

I think I saw narlysoftware.com a few years ago with at least an app to read PLC5 data using Palm IIIx. A fellow in california had an app for all the parameters for his GM EV1 electo-vehicle. Used a Palm with OS3.1. Anything is possible I guess.

Remember: The memory is limited in Palm. just for reference check the harddrive usage for RSLadder5. You'll find it might be impossible. Even an ascii formatted ladder app would probably push memory limits. I could be all wet.

Buy a TabletPC. Install RSLadder5.

Mike.

R

Richard Hughes

The software you could use is pocketHMI from Narly Software. It's not expensive and does a great job. You can look at bits and registers but it doesn't allow you to see the ladder; Allen Bradley used to do one for an HP Jornada but it's no good for your Tungsten.

I've no connection with the above company other than using their software

Hope this helps.

Richard Hughes