Vacuum Measurement and LABView

V

Vivanco Fernando

Dear Sir, I am starting an instrumentation project in my plant, in this I will measure Vacuum pressure, my question is if somebody have worked with vacuum transducer HPM-760S-04-D by Hastings Teledyne, I want to know your opinion about this because I have never worked with it.

Also I plan to use LABView to implement the MMI, I need to know if it can work with serial port, GPIB, Ethernet and communication with an Oracle
server at the same time, I wait that somebody have a similar application with LABView, we don't have experience about this but we want to introduce these systems in our plant.

Thank you

Fernando Vivanco

At the assembly plant where I worked 2 years ago we used LabView (V4.0 I think) in our test sets, and we used GPIB and serial devices for the same test sequence and logged the results to an Oracle server (which happened to be in a different facility a couple miles away). We didn't have any ethernet-connected test devices, so I can't comment on that.

Don Zunti, P. Eng.
Delco Automation Canada

J

Johan Vereecken

> Also I plan to use LABView to implement the MMI, I need to know if it can work with serial port, GPIB, Ethernet and communication with an Oracle
> server at the same time, I wait that somebody have a similar application with LABView, we don't have experience about this but we want to introduce these systems in our plant. >

Dear Fernando,

We’ve done projects with LabView 5.01 with serial communication (also using VISA), GPIB, DAQ-cards, modbus (Modicon protocol), profibus FMS, DDE, TCP/IP. Other ways of communication/interfacing which we didn’t use so far are: activeX (Win), UDP, Appletalk (Mac), ethernet, PXI, VXI...

Actual version of LabView is 6.02

Best is to visit http://www.ni.com
The user group is at : http://labview.pica.army.mil/index.html

With regards

Johan Vereecken
[email protected]

S

Steve Monnet

Hi all,

I have no experience with the sensor you mention but for what concern LabView, we have made some project with this product.

For communication between LabView and peripherics through serial port, GPIB, DAQ and ethernet simultaneously we can suggest to have a powerfull PC in order to not decrease the cycle time. Better is to combine the various input on a fieldpoint bus and to cennect it to the PC through Ethernet. For a simultaneous communication with Oracle DB server, you just have to had some G code for a SQL communication.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me directly.

Best regards

S.Monnet

E-mail : [email protected]