VB PLC-Ethernet

J

Joao Isidoro

I would like to know how to link an automata to an Ethernet (TCP/IP), isolating the connection at the same time?

I've experienced this problem:
The computer has a connection to the internet.
I am programming inVB, supervising a machine.
The automata is connected to the Ethernet by a BNC-port, in a HUB.
When I communicate with the automata using a PLC-Server application as interface, the IP given is not recognized in the Ethernet. So what the OS thoes is call the Internet connection.
After I cancel the connection, the PLC responds and communicates well with the PLC interface server application and (by default) with my application.

What i need to know is how to prevent this (the connection to the Internet initialized).

Many thanks.

S

Sage, Pete (IndSys, GEFanuc, Albany)

Sounds like a subnet problem. If you have two network interfaces (e.g. ethernet card and a dial-up) you need to have properly configured subnets so that Windows know which interface to use for communication. Configuring the subnets is done through the control panel in the TCP/IP setup.
Alternatively you can manually specify routes (e.g. which interface to use for which target IP address) by using the route command line program.

Pete

L
Sounds like Win95 which has been "upgraded" for Microsoft iExplorer v4.0.

I had a similar problem - before adding iE 4.0 things worked great (iE puts itself in as a prerequisite to install VB v5.0). After it, even a simple "PING" would cause my ISP connect tool to pop up. I'd have to cancel & then the PING worked fine. Very annoying.

If this is the cause, either reformat & restore the old Win95 & NEVER any iE (meaning NO VB) - or (alas) upgrade to Win98. After I upgraded to Win98 2nd Ed this STUPID "design feature" stopped. I assume this is caused by the iE trying to partially upgrade the old Win95 kernel to mimic some of the new services Win98 provides, and this behavior is a side-effect of this partial
upgrade with Win98.

Best Regards

Lynn August Linse, Senior Product Application Engineer
15353 Barranca Parkway, Lantronix Inc, Irvine CA 92618
[email protected] www.lantronix.com
Tel: (949)450-7272 Fax: (949)453-7132