VB6 codes for com-ports

V

Vanessa

The communication port will be the bridge between my PC and the microcontroller. please give me a hand. It's very important and urgent.

Thanks!

C

Cristian Gliga

You can use the Microsoft Communication ActiveX control. It allows you to use any of the serial ports available on the host PC.

Good luck.
Cristian Gliga - Systems Integrator

F
Order "Serial Port Complete" by Jan Axelson, I got my copy from Amazon. All examples are in VB.

R

Raymundo D. Balderas

A good Sample code is in the same CD of VB6
Called "Vbterm"....

If when you installed your VB6 you included all Sample Codes you will find it in:

....\Microsoft Visual
Studio\MSDN98\98Vsa\1033\Samples\Vb98\Mscomm

Good luck.

J
My name is Jim Sanovia and I am doing an internship at NASA GSFC, and need some help with my project. Visual Basic 6.0. This is what I need help with:

[Programming Objective- (Visual Basic 6.0) "write a simulator" (a ganeric GIS program), that can Read GPS receiver data from a 'serial port' (at 1hrz and aircraft data file). I want to generate circular geometric methods where lasor hits the ground.]

I re-took the crash course Visual Basic 6.0 class here at Goddard to see if I missing something but it was of no help. My advisor mentioned that similar programs exist on the internet and might concider doing a copy paste but I not even sure what I am looking for.
Anyway, any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Jim Sanovia
please use my personal email address [email protected]