VBA-code Access 2000 for parameters sending

M

mulderm

Hello guys,

I have created a form in Access 2000 to send some parameters to a plc. Now I want a VBA-code so I can send the parameters which are selected by the current record. Who knows?

Greetings,

mulderm

R

Rakesh Niranajan

Hello Mulderm,

As I understand ur query u want to send some data from Access 2000 to the PLC, which I feel strongly it can be done with less difficulties. But before that I would like to draw ur attention on the following points. I also feel that, if u can put some more information on ur application then it will very useful for, helping u out in this situation.

Please let me know which PLC ur using?
Which protocol does it supports?
& How is that u want to interface the PLC with the PC either through (Comport, Ethernet)?

Once u have the above information I guess u can interface the PLC in 3 possible ways & these are depending on ur requirement u can chose either one of these OPC, DDE Link or if ur PLC doesn’t support OPC & DDE interfaces then u can write ur own driver for collecting data from PLC & then interface this driver with Access. I know this will be an overall view how we can proceed & I think I will be in much better position to help u once I receive the above details.

Take Care
Rakesh Niranjan
[email protected]

Dear Rakesh Niranjan
I have same query which Mulderm had, I am using ABB 50 Series PLC and it supports modbus driver, it will communicate through comport. I want send data from Acess 2000 or vb if u can tel me how to send data or if can send some source code it will be very gratfull to you.

Thanking you,
Siju
[email protected]

As I understand your query, you want to send some data from Access 2000 to the PLC, which I feel strongly can be done with less difficulties. But before that I would like to draw your attention to the following points. I also feel that, if you can put some more information on your application then it will very useful for helping you out in this situation.