vbasic command

N

naveed

In basic language for input/output commands are
A=INP (address)
OUT Address,data
In VBasic what are the equivalent command of INP and OUT for input and output from a prototype board.

(Naveed Mushtaq)

J

Jeff P. LeBlanc

These instructions do not exist in the standard visual basic. You will need a dll such as inpout or such. Starting with windows 95 access to memory has been reserved for the operating system.
Higher level languages such as C++ have libraries which interface to the operating system to access memory and ports directly. Do a search on the web for inpout or dll's for vb.

AFAIK, there is no such kind of command in VB,
you can use external dynamic link library (DLL) that has functions or procedures to perform the same as INP and OUT do.

I have developed my own DLL using Delphi for this I/O function. This can be declared and used in VB, Delphi, BC++ Builder and other Wins dev. env.
Just declare it in VB module refering to the DLL file (e.g. io.DLL)

Declare Function outportb Lib "io.dll" (ByVal s As Long, ByVal Datas As Long) As Long
Declare Function inportb Lib "io.dll" (ByVal s As Long, ByVal Datas As Long) As Long

Use the external function such as

A=inportb(address, dummy)
success=outportb(address, data)

hope it helps,

Asep Abdurohman
[email protected]
[email protected]

N

Naveed Mushtaq

In basic language for input/output commands are

A=INP (address)
OUT Address,data
In VBasic what are the equivalent command of INP and OUT for input and output from a prototype board.

(Naveed Mushtaq)

A

Asep Abdurohman

AFAIK, there is no such kind of command in VB,
you can use external dynamic link library (DLL) that has functions or procedures to perform the same as INP and OUT do.

I have developed my own DLL using Delphi for this I/O function. This can be declared and used in VB, Delphi, BC++ Builder and other Wins dev. env.
Just declare it in VB module refering to the DLL file (e.g. io.DLL)

Declare Function outportb Lib "io.dll" (ByVal s As Long, ByVal Datas As Long) As Long
Declare Function inportb Lib "io.dll" (ByVal s As Long, ByVal Datas As Long) As Long

Use the external function such as

A=inportb(address, dummy)
success=outportb(address, data)

hope it helps,

Asep Abdurohman
[email protected]
[email protected]

Higher level languages such as C++ have libraries which interface to the operating system to access memory and ports directly. Do a search on the web for inpout or dll's for vb.