Very short RF Comm Modbus or Unitelway

G

G. Habel

2 PLC's must communicate without wires (Modbus or Unitelway)over a very short distance (10 feet. Price is a key factor.

Did somebody do something like that before at a reasonnable price?

> 2 PLC's must communicate without wires (Modbus or Unitelway)over a very short distance (10 feet. Price is a key factor.
>
> Did somebody do something like that before at a reasonnable price?

Off the top of my head, as long as a 'reasonable price' includes the $3k range, it can be done. Prosoft probably makes everything you need. www.psft.com. Phoenix Contacts probably also carries everything you will need. the versions of thier products i am familiar with are designed to go 20+ miles, so they may have cheaper lower end stuff that will work for you. In fact, pheonix has some remote rf IO that might be even better for you because it might allow you to do away with one of the PLCs.

-jeff

L

Lynn at Alist

This is just a pointer - I've heard that a few BlueTooth firms are interested in bridging Modbus/RTU serial by Bluetooth. I don't want to
point to any vendors as I don't know exactly which, but a www.google.com search of "+Bluetooth +Modbus" gives 10+ pages of hits.

Best Regards
- Lynn

E

Eric Vaughan

You could get a couple of Spread Spectrum Radios for sharing data. MDS and Freewave are two I've used.