Vijeo Citect ModBus RTU Write Problem

R

Rui Monteiro

Hi,

I'm facing a problem in sending data to a Modbus RTU Device through the vijeo citect interface.

I guess I established the connection correctly because I can read my tags from the device, however I can't write anything on the device. When I check the connection I can see the polling of the data by the modbus function 3 but Citect never sends Modbus function 16 to write data into the device.

To write the variables I created a numeric box:
at <appearance->display value->numeric expression> wrote the variable tag name I intend to write
at <input> I added a key sequence ### ENTER and wrote the command TAGWRITE("tagname", ArgValue1)
@ acess I put @(Type)
Can anyone help me and tell what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Rui Monteiro

Hello,
I have the same problem.

> I'm facing a problem in sending data to a Modbus RTU Device through the vijeo citect interface.

> I guess I established the connection correctly because I can read my tags from the device, however I can't write
> anything on the device. When I check the connection I can see the polling of the data by the modbus function 3 but Citect
> never sends Modbus function 16 to write data into the device.

> To write the variables I created a numeric box:
> at <appearance->display value->numeric expression> wrote the variable tag name I intend to write
> at <input> I added a key sequence ### ENTER and wrote the command TAGWRITE("tagname", ArgValue1)
> @ acess I put @(Type)
> Can anyone help me and tell what I'm doing wrong?

Anyone got the solution?
Thank you,
Joëlle