Visual Basic Programming

J

John

HEEEEEELP!!!!! Please......
For the visual basic experts i need a program to send and receive data from 3 serial ports. The menu must have two options . Menu option 1, 3 different channels as inputs and 3 as outputs. Menu option2 3 input channels phased onto 1 output....I am desperate!!!! i am gonna have my bachelor!!!!

The last time I had to send data via the com ports, I used a product called "Rocketport by ComTrol" (http://www.comtrol.com/sales/specs/rp.htm) .. I was sending data to six different ink jet print controllers via VB. Because I didn't want to learn all the communications logic, I also used a ActiveX product like CommX from Greenleaf.. Take a look at VBxtras for other products .. good luck Greg

C

Craig Peterson

The standard control I've used for serial communications in VB is the MS COMM Control. I believe it is a standard part of VB Version 5.0 and 6.0, and it's not that hard to learn to use. There are control help files available as a standard part of VB. You should be able to configure three COMM Control objects to deal with the three ports, sending the I/O where you want it to go.

Craig

The last time I had to send data via the com ports, I used a product called "Rocketport by ComTrol" (http://www.comtrol.com/sales/specs/rp.htm) .. I was sending data to six different ink jet print controllers via VB. Because I didn't want to
learn all the communications logic, I also used a ActiveX product like CommX from Greenleaf.. Take a look at VBxtras for other products .. good
luck Greg

J
Email me direct and I will send an attachment of example VB6 prog that uses MScomm ActiveX control to utilize serial comm ports. It's a common distributed MS example, but if you can't find it, I will send ~jim

E

Elwaleed K. E. Hussien

As mentioned u can use the MSCOMM as a communication control, u will need to use 3 of them, u can find a sample project coming with visual basic in both versions 5 & 6 it's VBTerm u can use it as a guide, best wishes

pls send me one simple Example for serial communication.
I want to communicate with PLC Or Microcontroller

kalpesh