Water in Oil Analyzer

M

Mo Khan

Happy New Year All,

Need your help finding a reliable on-line analyzer to determine water in oil. Normal stream composition is 50-60% oil, 30-40% water and the rest is solids. Have you come across anything thing like, please let me know.

Thanks in advance and a prosperous Happy New 2003.

Look over for web for “water oil emulsion” you may find some products online with those words. You will find the prices pretty close to $10,000.

If your looking for something to insert in a flow line, then that will be even more difficult. It cannot sense air - the product needs to be totally immersed 100%.

We have only been able to suggest letting the emulsion run into a pit or catch basin and take the reading from that point. Sometimes that’s too late.

[email protected]

J
Endress and Hauser is another manufacturer. In fact, as suggested, there are a range of devices out there and the advise about emulsions is a good one. A typical application is to emulsify heavy fuel oil and water in the fuel supply to engines. These use water contents upto 40%. S.I.T. is a company supplying fuel water emulsion equipment and any of the companies supplying the large diesel engine business will be able to give you some advise. try companies like ELWA (Germany)and Prescher Anlagenbau GmbH (Germany).

Dear Sir,

Kindly provide me the ELWA and Prescher Anlagenbau website address. I try to search in web searching engine; unfortunately I still cannot get both of the web address.

Very appreciate on your help.

Thank you,
Yuzir