Water Metering and Air

Hi all,
There's a company called Precision Flow Engineering Calibration Systems (I guess that would be PFECS for short) that claims to have a metering system for water usage that measures only water and not suspended air, thereby reducing water expenditures.

Unfortunately, all details about their products or technology are behind a click-through agreement on their website that appears quite onerous.

Does anyone know about this or similar technology (that you can legally talk about)? The premise sounds questionable to me, in that water companies would have to agree to accept the new definition of water volume being proposed by this new measurement system.

Thanks in advance,
Ken

W
This sounds very iffy to me, Ken. The AWWA took a dozen years to approve ultrasonic transit time as a metering method and it took man-years of research to satisfy them. It is suspicious that they won't talk about their process.

Walt

W
Ken, I took a look at their site. It appears that they have "invented" some sort of a de-aerating air-flow control water valve. If you look through their incredible Terms and Conditions, it says that in return for being allowed to look at the site, and see who the principals of the company are, and get however much look at the technology they want you to have, you beforehand agree not to buy water valves or anything else that goes into or onto a water pipe (like flow meters, control valves, chemical injectors, or anything else) from anybody but them.

Ridiculous.

Unless they are setting up to be a patent troll (which, thank all the heavens, have gone out of fashion somewhat since the Solaia case) it makes no sense to me to have anything to do with them at all.

No municipality would sign any such terms and conditions. It would likely be illegal for any public agency to do so, as a breach of fiduciary trust, since their terms and conditions contravene public low bid laws in most countries.

I would run, not walk, away from these folks.

Walt

C

Curt Wuollet

Yes. the water companies typically require you to accept their methods, however crude.

Regards
cww