Westinghoues WDPF

O

OA

We need to connect to a Westinghouse WDPF class 4 to read some data from the system. What are my options? Does Westinghouse (Emerson) provide AB or Modbus comm interface cards that we can purchase for the project and make the data available to our HMI? Please let me know if you can think of any better alternative.

Thanks in advance.

Another means is to use DataLink Server. A software implementation that will run on one of your op cons. You don't really want to use it for control since op cons get rebooted while the rest of the system continues to run. It's easier to maintain than the QLC card since you need an old PC with DOS to set up the QLC. The setup isn't that hard - finding an old PC with DOS 5.0 is the pain. We have a number of QLC cards that have been running for 10+ years that haven't been touched since they were first setup. Still going strong. Cost on both of them may be an issue. Last time I paid for a DataLink license it was about $5K. You probably need Emerson support to install the software if they'll even do it since WDPF support is fading. A new QLC card may be difficult to find and expensive but you can probably install and set it up yourself. Try Deep South Hardware Solutions for a used one. They can probably help you with the install.

They do have manuals on pdf format for the qlc's including manuals to communicate modbus and AB. What are you trying to communicate to?

Dear sir,

We have level 6 and level 7 WDPF systems. On level 7 there is PC on higway drops 140 and 142. I aware of the connection on bus list SIU from checklist. We have SIU130, SIU131 on level6. I used their database and reference file. I wanted to compile with SIUDC and UPCIC. UPCIC is successful but SIU compiler not. SIUDC command is used and writes source file, then defined it and writes point directory. I insert PNT:DIR but, there is coming an answer, İt is invalid point directory. I couldn't understand. what is the reason for this?