Westinghouse WDPF System

S

snitz50

I need to learn about this device.
What kind of processor is the Westinghouse WDPF and what is its intended use?
Where can I get user, programming and technical manuals so I can start my education.
I need to learn as much about this device as I can as I will be bidding on a project in which I will be required to convert an application using the Westinghouse WDPF to a Logix 5000 processor.

I don't say it's impossible to do it by your self, but I suggest you involve Westinghouse developer in your project or some one has this capability to do this conversion. It will help you to save project time and avoid rework.

Or, if you have complete and update set of P&ID and process documents, you can build up from the beginning.

I heard there are only 2 Westinghouse installed base on the world. If you have done the migration there will be only one and that is in my plant

D

DarthControl

There are way more than 2 WDPF installs left in the world. In fact I have done two projects in the last 6 months on the WPDF system. One replacement and one that is getting reinstated.

If you need any assistance on a WDPF system I would be glad to help.

Mr DC,

Please let me know if you are interested in pursuing a WDPF II project. we need to connect the WDPF II to a DCS (non-EMERSON) via Modbus (its controlling a 501D turbine generator set). If you are willing to discuss please contact us at contact[at]eserint.com

thanks

L
We are currently assessing the Westinghouse unit here in NAVOTAS, METRO MANILA, Philippines with the WDPF control. This is a W501D5 unit which was mothballed since 2003. the control unit is totally dead because of loss of battery. we have the program backup disk but we don't know how to upload them. can anybody help us please.

> WHAT IS THE CONTACT NO. OR E-MAIL OF DARTH CONTROL.

If you still need assistance please provide contact information and I will contact you. I can help with getting the system back up.

Hello together,

I am writing my bachelor thesis about migration of legacy systems and need help. I need some information about Westinghouse WDPF, Rousemount (RS3). I have found nothing on the Internet.

Thank you

S
Did you get any information about WDPF systems migration?

> I am writing my bachelor thesis about migration of legacy systems and need help. I need some information about
> Westinghouse WDPF, Rousemount (RS3). I have found nothing on the Internet.