What about an international fair with all Modbus providers

J

Jouas Jean Luc

On MODBUS TCP every day a new provider is born
Type modbus TCP on Google you can see the result
Why, all Modbus Provider don't set up a Mondial Fair on MODBUS TCP first industrial network in the World.

My question is to all provider, do you agree this idea to do a MODBUS TCP FAIR

Jean Luc

I use Modbus RTU from a number of different vendors.

When I seek out instrumentation, depending on what the task is, sometimes Modbus becomes a decision criterion. Sometimes it isn't. But having used it, we make those decisions up front.

The problem I see with a Modbus "show" is that I'm not sure what I'd get out of it, as a Modbus user.

I'd have difficulty coming up a justification for taking time to attend an international conference just to see a collection of devices that implement Modbus.

Modbus has a history going on 3 decades (?) now, and having used it, I don't konw what I'd tell my boss that would get him to sign the travel vouchers for me.

Bud

J

Jouas Jean Luc

Hi,
very good input, but I'm sure that a solution is a mix of product and interop at TCP level, Web server level could be a criteria to "classify" vendor

Share experience could be also a positive input
Another solution will be to have a COP (community of practice " on modbus TCP + Webserver

The WEBAUTOMATIOn is around Mobbus TCP , modbus TCP also need to have evolution in term of application knowledge
ex : Building device ( pput over modbus LON feature)
ex : 61850 in energy
ex : fieldbus and diagnostic on Modbus TCP

SO so many subject could be discuss around
Show, conf, round table this could be a MIX of this Show

But I understand you point;
Best Wishes
jean Luc