Whatever happened to PanelView plus?

J

Jesper Pedersen

I first heard about these in AB's "The View" magazine and thought that they looked good. The ability to use RSview ME on the panels and RSView SE on PCs and reuse projects on both systems seems as a great enhancement compared to Panelview/RSView32.

But since then nothing happened.

At the same time Siemens is forging ahead with their new generation panels, and we have started to use these - but I would have preferred to use AB panels with AB PLCs.

Does someone out there know anything?

The PV300 Micro seems to be a nice cost-effective package - I used them with RS232 radio modems back to SLC-500.

J

Jesper M. Pedersen

Thanks, but I am talking about the Panelview plus series:
PV 700
PV 1000
PV 1250
PV 1500

not PV 300

T
The PanelView Plus is due for release first quarter 2003 It will be relitively the same as described in "The View" magazine. However it will only run RSStudio ME applications and not the older style Panelview applications I have been told. If u wish to find out more give me an email and i will send the details.

Regards

Leith Tull

GTS Field Service Engineer
Rockwell Automation Australia Ltd.
Kwinana Phone: (08) 9410 3170
Rockwell Phone: (08) 9315 9244
Rockwell Fax: (08) 9315 9255
Mobile: 0407 829 839
E-mail 1: [email protected]
E-mail 2: [email protected]

These things are the biggest piece of crap that AB has put out yet. They have so many software issues with this thing that I would strongly recommend staying away from this until AB can get their crap together on this on. 1/15/04