Where can I find MB+ LED Blinking Code information?

W

Wattana J.

I used to see a table of 'number of blinking' of MB+ LED on Modicon PLC. The detail said about what does the it mean when the LED blink 6 times/second or when it blink 2 times then stop 1 intertal and all another patterns. But now I don't know where is it. I tried to search on some sorts of Modicon PLC manual but cannot find them.

Could anyone suggest or post such information for me so I can identify the problem with MB+ network?

F

Fernando Capelari

Dear friend,

Probably you will find that information in a hardware manual (Quantum PLC for example).

If you send me an email ([email protected]) I will be able to send you a file on wednesday (here in Brazil is Carnaval and we will come back to the office only on wednesday).

But I can tell you that the most common states of the MB+ led are 3 and 4 blinks, which means:

3 blinks: broken cable on the specific node
4 blinks: node with the same address of another activity node

Hope it helps,
Fernando Capelari
Schneider Electric Brazil

F

Felice Vittoria

I know that it's in the Modicon Modbus Plus Network IBM Host Based Devices User's Guide. One way of getting at this document is by going to "www.modicon.com":http://www.modicon.com website ... clicking on the Modbus Plus link (under Networks) ... then clicking on Manuals (under Technical Information). Another way is that it should have been bundled with your MB+ device driver.

HTH,
Felice

Indicator Pattern (Green) Status

Six flashes/second
Normal operating state. All nodes on a healthy network flash this pattern.

One flash/second
The node is off-line. After being in this state for 5 seconds, the node attempts to go to its normal operating state.

Two flashes, then OFF for 2 seconds
The node detects the network token being passed among other nodes, but it never receives the token.

Three flashes, then OFF for 1.7 seconds
The node does not detect any token passing on the
network.

Four flashes, then OFF for 1.4 seconds The node has detected another node using the same address.

Copied from the Modbus Comm Adapter for Momentum manual, but applies to all Modbus Plus devices. Hope this helps.

CK

E

Eric Johnson

Below is the MB+ flash codes taken from the PCI-85 users manual.

Six flashes/second Normal operating state for each node. The node is successfully receiving and passing the token. All nodes on a healthy network flash this pattern.

One flash/second This node is off-line just after power-up or after exiting four-flashes/ second mode. In this state, the node monitors the network and builds a table of active nodes and token holding nodes. After being in this state for 5 seconds, the node attempts to go to its normal operating state (indicated by six flashes/second).

Two flashes; then OFF for two seconds
The node hears the token being passed among the other nodes, but it never receives the token itself. Check the network for an open circuit or defective termination.

Three flashes; then OFF for 1.7 seconds
The node is not hearing token passing among the other nodes. It periodically claims the token but cannot find another node to which to pass it. Check the network for an open circuit or defective
termination.

Four flashes; then OFF for 1.4 seconds
The node has heard a valid message from a node using a network address identical to its own address. The node remains in this state for as long as it continues to hear the duplicate address. If the duplicate address is not heard for five seconds, the node changes to one flash/second mode.

Eric Johnson
Aces, Inc.