Win2003 and InTouch Terminal services

D

Donald Pittendrigh

Hi All

Have any of you brave chaps out there tried to run InTouch 7.1 with terminal services on win2003, I have and I have problems with it and a non-support comment from the supplier regarding win2003. The software runs fine, but as soon as the TS patch is loaded on the server no clients will log on anymore, the listener in terminal manager doesn't even see the connection attempt from the client.

Regards
Donald P

Greetings Donald,

Win2003 was just released and version 7.1 was released in 1999. That's like trying to put a 4 year old back into the womb.

I am upgrading to version 8.0 where Wonderware has stated they will be adding support for Win2003 in a future patch.

Patience my friend.

Peace,

JP

Your best bet is to try 7.11 or 8 not 7.1. Remember 7.1 did not support W2K until Patch 3 or higher. This sounds more like the TS patch is the causing problems.

I hope this is just for testing!

D

Donald Pittendrigh

Hi All

The problem is undoubtedly the TS patch as I indicated in my first mail (I think), and 7.11 is inappropriate due to the nature of its alarming system, and no its not just for testing, its for real, but obviously it must work first. We have an urgent need to see more than 256 colors on a terminal server client and redirection of sound for playing WAV files, so I really need this working yesterday.

The InTouch program runs fine on TS until the patch is loaded, however I need the TS patch as I use the TSClientID and other TS functions to selectively enable operator control and display certain pictures.

Donald P