Win2k Registry Edits

T

Trevor Ousey

I have several PCs with Windows 2000 Pro with SP4, and have Desktop Lock installed. I have modified the registry entries to disable locking, password changing, logging off and task manager. Everything seems fine for a little while, then the entries are changed back to default settings. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Trevor Ousey

Hello Trevor,

Are the settings reverting after a reboot or do the revert durring runtime?

Are the Win 2k PCs on a network with a Domain contoler i.e. subject to group polices?

What is "Desktop Lock"?
is this the Desktop Lock by TopLang 7.0.9?
Desktop Lock Express 1.1?

What are the Win 2k pcs being used for?
What other applications are runing on the PCs?

Is it happening to all PCs at the same time or is it random, hit and miss i.e. some do and some don't/never know which one might revert, when?

T

Trevor Ousey \(lists\)

hi,

This only happens to the Win2k PCs running Service Pack 4, and is not with a re-boot. It does it some time within 24 hours, possibly a group policy issue. We are on a network using static IPs and no domain controller.

My mistake, it is actually 'DeskLock 2000' downloaded from Rockwell. Also comes with RSView. I am using it with just a HMI application. There is a management console snap-in for editing the registry, and even though at time I disable the 'Lock Computer', 'Change Password" and 'Logoff', they will be enabled.

Cheers,
Trevor

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Computing 1
D Modbus 2
J Languages 17
J General Communications Chat 1
B General Automation Chat 1