WinCC trend export to csv file

B

Branko Labinac

I'm asked to export a trend range displyed on the screen to a csv file. I spent some time with WinCC and I found out that there is no function for it. I would like to avoid complicated programming in C (also becouse our client intents to make modifications). Is there a way to make it simple? Or maybe a simple function to get data from archive?

Thanks in advance,
Branko.

The trend data will be logged in the database so if you have past experience of database querying then it's v. simple to export the data to a csv file. you can do this export from a WinCC script, a VBS file or any other program that supports ODBC/SQL (e.g. Excel, VB, Web Page, etc.)

There are examples on the support cd or support website (if you don't have the cd) at www.siemens.com/automation/service&support

There are C functions included in the ODK package but to use these functions usually require a good knowledge of C so it may not be feasible for yourself.

Finally, as you may be aware, there are a whole host of add-ons for wincc so there may be one to do this export for you. please check out the add-ons list at www.siemens.com/wincc

hope this helps
Salma