wireless control

R

ritesh kasare

i want to make a control circuit wirless since the control cable that is used to transmit all control signals from a moving Tripper , and gets frequently cut since it passes through a heavy moving machine ( Tripper ) and wounds and unwounds on a drum.

we have a moving Tripper which is used to transfer the raw material (iron ore and coke) either to the bunkers through the conveyor belts or to make a stack there itself since it is moving through the entire length of the 80m long connveyor belt for the power and control circuit the cables are repeatedly wound and unwound on two separate drums , since the control cable is not as strong as the power cable due to tension or stress it gets cut sometimes .

Is it possible to make its control circuit wireless like all the signals required for the interlocks and other necessary signals will come to a transmitter which can be mounted on the tripper itself and from there it can be transmitted to a control room to a reciever where all signals will be separated as per requirement.

i want to know in what way it can be done ? which equipments will be required for the same?
and what will be the approx cost of this ?

Operating Principle: wireless replace wire, with the exception that it can't carry power.

If you have cables that carry logic signals to turn contactors on or off, wireless can replace the wire.

If you are sending protocol commands, Modbus or Devicenet, wireless can replace the wire.

If the tripper has a wire loop powered sensor that you're using for control purposes, you will either have to find power for it or use battery power. Honeywell has some battery powered field instrument transmitters.

Omnex makes its business controlling overheads with wireless.

I have used Phoenix Contact industrial wireless with great success for logic and analog control signals.

David

M
I do a lot of wireless Modbus as a Manufacturers Rep. I also do consulting for my customers. I've sold several wireless lines over the last seven years, and presently represent Prosoft Radiolinx products. Their Spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping radios offer some nice features for Modbus. The serial master radio acts as a Modbus Master by tracking each Modbus device address and its associated radio. The Ethernet radio has a serial port to convert Modbus to Modbus TCP/IP. One suggestion when looking at radios, cost typically relates to reliability in a noisy RF environment. If your new to the wireless market look for local support and a try before you buy program. Get the radios in an try them. Checkout the software too, good software will shorten installation and provide for easy monitoring of your wireless network.

C

Curt Wuollet

Can it be done? Of course, you can remote control almost anything.
Should it be done? Probably not. At least in that environment.
To do it safely would require equipment with features not likely available and to get it certified by insurers or regulators might be
impossible.

Regards
cww