Wireless device to support Modbus RS485

B

B L Thareja

I want to know what type of wireless device/product is available in India which supports Circuit breaker's(CB) and Modbus protocol-Rs485 to monitor the breakages in CB with wireless devices (like Mobile, System). please respond me for this problem.

L

Lynn August Linse

You are more likely to find a simple wireless-to-RS-485 box, which makes common breakers with Modbus/RTU on 485 'wireless'. You could either use an RS-485 master link to wireless, or Modbus/TCP to wireless.

Digi has a very active group in Bangalore (phone number is on the web site), contact them. Ben Tucker is an experienced field engineer there who knows how this works for Modbus serial on 2.4Ghz or 868Mhz. The 868Mhz will give you better wall penetration.

A

Aditya Ayachit

We can provide wireless modules with a range of about 1000 mts in line of sight. We can also provide repeaters for urban environments. Our modules are extensively tested for modbus protocol and have been used in Material handling equipments for motion control and in some defense applications.

We have several models which can serve your application. Please contact me at 09325405801 so that we could discuss your application in detail.

Kind Regards,
Aditya Ayachit