Wireless I/O that can transfer a 24vdc signal

J

John Hoke

Does anyone know where I can find a wireless transmitter and receiver that can transfer a 24vdc signal? All I want to do is turn on a remote alarm with a 24 vdc input. 24vdc & 120 vac available. I've looked all over the web and haven't found anything compatable.Thanks.

Why don't you think to transfer signal with RF?
What is your distance from point to point?
Best regards...

S

Steve Myres, PE

Several manufacturers make products that will do that. I've used Remtron and BWI Eagle, and they both make fine products. I've heard good things about Omnex, (also OEM'ed and sold as a Phoenix Contact product), and there's a company called Linx or Lynx that sells stuff in Digi-Key.

All these systems consist of a transmitter with a digital input, and a receiver with a dry contact or transistor output, which you can use to switch the 24 vdc you say you already have available.

You will need to match the quality of the product offered, including such features as watchdogging and signal authentication, to your reliability requirements.

Whats your Environment (Inside or Outside)? Your comment makes me think you have other parameters to consider. What is the distance you need to cover? From the hip I would recomend Omnex radios, they have a nice inexpensive one-way data setup. Very easy to implement. Let me know if that works for you.

C

Charlie Howard

Depending on distance etc., EPG Companies has three levels of E-Wave products that would work well for your need. They work great and avoid all the wiring expense. One model is even battery operated (couple years on a C cell). They are in MN. I think its epgco.com

Simplest Solution: use X-10 low-voltage module and universal control.

The control is designed to be a relay from an alarm system, for example. THe low-voltage module is just a relay.

Easy-peasy and pretty cheap

Of course, the others will scoff. But it does work.

Moxa's Active Ethernet I/O server is about to provide this function. It can transfer a 24vdc signal via IP network to the remote site. By using Wireless LAN (Moxa AWK1110) AP in between, you may get the same result.

-> 24Vdc (I/O svr) --- WirelessAP WirelessAP--(I/O svr) -> 24Vdc

Phoenix Contact One way RAD-ISM 900 Mhz industrial wireless radio sells a pair of matched wireless radios, a transmitter and a receiver. What goes into the transmitter comes out the receiver. Dry contact into the transmitter comes out as dry contact from the receiver.

Since the transmitter's discrete input takes dry contact only, you will have to drive an electromechanical relay with a 24Vdc coil with your 24Vdc logic signal and feed the relay contact output to the transmitter.

On the output end, you can use the 24Vdc power supply that powers the receiver radio to to power your circuit through the output relay contacts.

http://www.phoenixcon.com/wireless/detail.asp?l0=WIRELESS&l1=Wireless+Interface

Part number (USA) RAD-ISM-900-SET-UD-ANT 2867102

David