Wireless Tank Level Monitoring

Anadex Labs manufactures and ship wireless water tank level indicators world wide. Aquameta has a wireless range of 300m. Our systems can monitor 1 to 5 tanks simultaneously. Suitable for underground and above ground tanks in any depth from 1m to 4m deep. All products operate on 12V. Options exists for pump and valve control. Have a look at http://www.anadexlabs.com.

I require access to the radio technology to bring the tank level/s to a central point where I can feed the data serially or via 4-20mA etc into the telemetry system which we provide. Can you help me (I do not require data hosting, etc. as that is what we do)?

F

fighting for ERA

Can't let this one go. GE has been doing wireless monitoring for years. They have systems now in Nuclear facilities with lead-lined buildings and security protocols already met... if you have a difficult application you may want to look into them.

D
I suggest you take a look at

www.powelectrics.co.uk/metron2

This has world wide approvals, it very affordable and designed to do the job. It's completely wireless using the GPRS element of the mobile phone network making running costs very low, and it's battery powered making installation very easy indeed. It will even provide power to the sensors.

R
Honeywell and Rosemount both have wireless transmitter options. They don't use 4-20 mA transmitters, that would drain a battery too quickly.
My choice would be a bottom mounted DP cell with wireless line-of-sight.
Let us know how you make out.

Roy

R
I was looking at a Foxboro catalog today they have a cellular transmitter c/w a submersible probe. you just drop the probe in the tank and every few minutes/hours it sends a text message to pager or fax. I thought that was kind of neat.

SCADAPack have DP transmitters that talk Modbus or Ethernet, using one of those would save on battery power over 4-20
Let us know what you end up with

Roy

If your looking for an effective way to collect real-time information of your tank level, I would try www.flowlineoptions.com ... Flo-Corp just came out with two new process displays that include FREE remote monitoring software, called DigaLink. DigaLink features advanced data-logging, real-time monitoring, excel export functions, and much more. Plus, Flo-Corp offers all of these products at a much more affordable price than most competitors.

www.flowlineoptions.com

Thank you for the commercial.

Now, if you all really want to know what is up with wireless level sensing, here's the story:

There are a dozen or so proprietary radio protocols that can, and have, been used to transmit level wirelessly, including generating a cell phone call with a pre-recorded message, and others. Many, but not all of them use the IEEE 802.15.4 platform. Then there have been implementations using the ubiquitous WiFi 802.11xx.

The leading contenders for standards for level measurement in a wireless fashion are Zigbee and WirelessHART. The other, ISA100, is surrounded by much fud, but basically doesn't work yet (as discovered by Shell in a use case study presented at the last ISA100 meeting) and has not been approved by ANSI. It is going back to the shop for a "maintenance activity" that is supposed to fix the problems.

WirelessHART appears to have a significant jump on everybody else in the level measurement area because it is being supported by the 15 largest field instrument manufacturers, including Endress+Hauser, Siemens, ABB, and Emerson, among many others.

WirelessHART instruments have been installed and working for upward of a year now, and appear to be working quite well, in every application I've been able to investigate. Multiple vendors are now shipping, with more products being approved every day.

Zigbee appears to be winning in building automation and Smart Grid, but has been applied in the industrial environment too. I have seen successful wireless level systems using Zigbee, as well as others.

What you need to do is decide what kind of wireless you need, and design your application for that, not start with the vendor and work backward.

Walt

Walt Boyes
Editor in Chief
Control and ControlGlobal.com
555 W. Pierce Rd Suite 301
Itasca, IL 60143

wboyes [at] putman.net
www.controlglobal.com

C

Controlguy123

Speakin of Scadapacks, We've been talking with LaTech Controls in Salt Lake City (our local Scadapack guys) about a remote tank monitoring. They have a system we're about to demo that can monitor our tanks (we're in eastern Utah) using a 5-10w solar setup. From what I can tell, it's pretty neat/cheap.

Where are you located? Here's their info. We talk with Carl.
http://www.latechequipment.com/

D
Cannon Water Technology Offers Turn Key Wireless Level Monitoring Systems that anyone can install. Our Wireless Radios Do not Require Line Of Site To Work.

We can easily transmit up to 5 miles non-line of site. Our systems come with everything needed to quickly setup your system in a matter of minutes.

Please visit www.CannonWater.com

Hello Ehsan, I'm using different types of remote tank monitoring device from different company. But I think Level Pro sentinel remote tank monitoring device is the best device in all of them. So you can check this one from Icon Process Controls. You can also contact with them via phone (905-469-9283) or email ([email protected]).