Wonderware and NAD...serious crash, need help

R

rmichaelson

We have several computers viewing identical WWare applications, with development keys. Whenever I made changes to the screens or tagname database, I would have to copy the 'master' application to the other workstations (or make the same changes over and over).

Then I found NAD (network application development), and though I'd try it. I followed the tech notes (http://fa.sammicomputer.co.kr/TECH/html/t001032.htm), and here is what seemed to happen:

1. the client REMOVED (or tried to remove) the master application and various subfolders. This was logged in the system management console.

2. I disabled NAD on the client.

3. I copied an older application into the same directory, to try to rescue the master. When I try to open it in WindowMaker, it says the client is accessing the process "windowViewer", and therefore cannot open it.

4. If I open the older application in a differnet folder, it is fine.

I therefore think that the client is still accessing the master's application and folder, even though I have disabled the NAD on the client.

Can anyone help?

R
I found my own problem...when I enabled NAD, where it asks for the local working directory, I mis-read this and entered the address of the 'master' application. I then started WindowViewer, and it started copying the local application over the 'master' application. Ouch.

I've been snakebit, and have reverted back to the local application.