Wonderware Historical Alarm

S

SMS

I would like to set up a historical alarm that also captures some addional info from my machine. For example, when my servo faults out, i would like to to trigger an alarm but also post some additonal info (ie, current servo position, part number ec.)

This info also has to be logged with the alarm so we can go back and view what alarm and some additional info as well. Would i still be using the alarm objects or some other objects. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

What version of InTouch are you using? What type of Alarm Storage are you using? (Flat file or SQL).

There are a number of solutions and they depend on the answer to the above questions.

I have never inserted records into the Alarm Manager SQL, but it's just a database and that 'should' work. It should be possible to do this in a Script.

The Alarm File in the Flat file scheme is a text file and you might be able to append to this. You would need a separate program to look at it. I've written one before and it's not too hard.

If you need more help let me know. Let me know what you do.