Wood chip level sensors (Hydraulic Kamyr digesters)

• Thread starter Andrey Romanenko
  • Start date
A

Andrey Romanenko

Hello,

It has been a while but it seems there is no new technologies available for hydraulic kamyr digesters. Yes, those nuclear devices do non-contact wonders elsewhere but not here. I asked a guy from Ronan at ISA EXPO 2003 and he said that since the vessel is filled up with water it was not possible to apply their existing devices. The source radioactivity level had to be increased much more than you would be comfortable to be nearby. Is there anything else available besides the "infer level from paddle torque" type of devices? Thank you very much!

Andrey

D

Donald Pittendrigh

Hello Andrey, et. al.

It sounds like you are in the know about woodchips, I am hoping you have a suggestion for me.

We have to deal with woodchips coming out of a chipping plant to our export shiploader, the client uses a lot of water for dust damping and also stockpiles chipped wood in an outdoor stockpile, the water content of the export chips when they leave his plant therefore varies considerably. He has requested us to source an on line mass measurement instrument that can give him the mass flow of the wood excluding the water, the conveyor is about 2m wide and the flow rate is up to 2000 tons (metric) per hour.

Appreciate any experiences you can share with us.

Regards
Donald P

A

Andrey Romanenko

Hello,

Some time ago I sent a reply to this list but they never appeared. So here it goes again:

You can use a moisture analyzer and correct the flowrate accordingly. There are integrated solutions on the market for that. Take a look at http://www.acrowood.com/drywood.htm and see if it is what you need. I believe Berthold has something along this line, too.

Hope this helps.

Andrey